Note with recent changes in the immigration laws it may take longer to apply for a visitor visa. We encourage you to register for FABTECH, get your letter (visa letter of invitation request is part of the online FABTECH registration process) and make your appointment for a visa interview with your embassy as soon as possible.
There are a number of items required of all visa applicants, including the following:
- Payment of a nonrefundable application fee.
- Visa form completed and signed. Blank forms are available free of charge at all U.S. consular offices, online at http://evisaforms.state.gov, or by autofax at +1 (202)-647-3000.
- Valid passport for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make an application.
- Two photographs, two inches square (37×37 mm) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background.
- Support materials indicating the purpose of the visit, that the applicant plans to remain in the United States only for a specific, limited period of time, and that they have a residence outside the United States as well as family, business interests or investments that will insure their return to their country of origin at the conclusion of the visit.